- Breast Surgical Oncology Department
- Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology Department
- One-Day Diagnosis and Surgery
- Radiation Oncology Department I with Reception Room
- Radiation Oncology Department II with Reception Room
- Radiation Oncology Department III with Reception Room
- Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Department
- Chemotherapy Department with Reception Room
- Radiotherapy and Gynaecological Oncology Department with Reception Room
- Surgical, Oncological and Endoscopic Gynaecology Department
- Head & Neck Surgery and ENT Oncology Clinic with Reception Room
Chemotherapy Department III with Reception Unit
The Department provides a broadly comprehended systemic treatment of cancer: chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, immunotherapy and the so-called molecular targeted therapy. Patients who require a combination of multiple treatment modalities, for example, radio-chemotherapy or adjuvant treatment after surgery, receive a comprehensive therapy in cooperation with other hospital units.
The Department has 33 beds that allow chemotherapy to be administered on a stationary basis. Efforts are taken to minimise the time spent by patients at the Department and, if possible, a single-day treatment mode is applied. Under the National Health Fund medication programmes, patients are given the access to a modern standard cancer therapy, and a chance to be treated with the latest formulations, not yet available under standard conditions, owing to clinical trials carried out by the Department.
Highly qualified physicians and nurses ensure safety and compliance of the treatment process with the applicable standards, while the secretaries facilitate a smooth implementation of the process.
The work of the Chemotherapy Department is integrated with the activity of the Chemotherapy Clinic where systemic cancer treatment is delivered on an ambulatory basis. The clinic also follows up patients after the completion of cancer treatment and prescribes necessary tests to prevent relapses of the disease.
Head of Department
Maria Małgorzata Litwiniuk, MD
Head of the Chemotherapy Department
Tel. +48 (61) 8850 620
Tel. Fax +48 (61) 8850 694
Monday through Friday: 7.30 a.m. to 15.00 p.m.